mitcho is a PhD student in Linguistics at MIT with primary interests in formal syntax / semantics.
via mitcho (Michael 芳貴 Erlewine).
Areas of Interest
- Broad interests:
- formal cross-linguistic syntax-semantics, mathematical and computational linguistics
Mandarin Chinese and Japanese syntax-semantics
computational tools for theoretical linguistics
- Narrow interests:
- Mandarin comparatives, focus interpretation, only words, hypertext corpora, psychological reality of grammatical structures
- Areas of further research:
- semantics of less-studied languages, disjunction and alternative questions, multidominance and linearization
- The Antisymmetrizer – an online tool which linearizes trees according to the Linear Correspondance Axiom (Kayne, 1994).